Doctor insights on:
Is Flax Seed Oil Good For Treating Gout
Yes...: While I wouldn't expect the fish oil to treat or improve your gout or vitamin D deficiency, I don't thinking taking this supplement once a day would be harmful for these conditions. There might be some gastrointestinal side effects such as heartburn or bloating associated with this supplement, however. Including fish in your diet may be an even better choice. Good wishes! ...Read more
Only: If you want to waste your money. Spend your money more wisely on quality food, exrcise and test strips. Don't get your medical information from friends, tv or the internet. ...Read more
For what purpose?: The body has to convert the omega 3 fatty acids in flax seed oil into epa and dha which are 2 kinds of omega 3 fatty acids which the body can utilize. Only 10% of the ala in flax seed oil is converted into epa and dha which are present in fish oil. Fish oil is better than flax seed oil for this reason. ...Read more
Good start!: Cold pressed is good, avoid preservatives.Get a more detailed answer ›
Possibly inflamation: Flaxseed oil is a source of polyunsaturated fatty acids such as alpha-linolenic acid. The alpha-linolenic acid and related chemicals in flaxseed oil may decrease inflammation. That is why flaxseed oil is thought to be useful for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is grape seed oil good for acne?
- Is hemp seed oil good for you?
- Is celery seed good for gout?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is grape seed oil good for you?
- What is black currant seed oil good for?
- What is noni seed oil good for?
- What is flax seed oil used for?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free