Doctor insights on:
Is Fasting Required For Ivp Test
No: IVP's are rarely done today and evaluate the kidneys. An ultrasound is safe and the standard of care for evaluation of the gallbladder. ...Read more
Yes: If you are allergic to the dye, this is possible. Tell your doctor. ...Read more
Husb. Had ivp thurs. Stopped metform. Creatinine test not read because doc unavailable. Blood glucose now over 400. Gave insulin. Can i give metformin?
Yes: The dye used for an ivp can be harmful to the kidney; the risk for harm is greater if you have reduced kidney function or diabetes. If there is any concern that you have actual kidney disease, your level of kidney function should be evaluated by checking the creatinine level in your blood. Ultrasound or noncon ct may provide similar information without contrast dye. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How much blood is drawn for a fasting lipids test?
- What is a fasting blood test for?
- What is a fasting blood test used for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is anesthesia required for hsg test?
- I am 5 days late for my period is it too early to take a home pregnancy test
- How much pee is needed for a drug test?
- Do you need to be fasting for a blood pregnancy test?
- Is fasting required for cbc blood test?