Doctor insights on:
Is Eye Discharge A Symptom Of Conjunctivitis
Discharge can be a noun or a verb; it has multiple meanings in physics, chemistry, military, and legal usage. The most common medical meaning is a substance that is being excreted. Examples: pus is the discharge from a pimple; a vaginal discharge can mean infection; an ear discharge can mean an infection of the outer ear tract; a nasal discharge ...Read more
Possible: If you have a red eye with no pain then it can be pink eye. Pink eye is most common after cold or while you are having a cold. Please keep you hand clean and do not share towel, pillow, makeup or glasses during this time. You may transmit it to other eye and others around you. If you have pain or light sensitivity then please see your doc. ...Read more
Totally different: Pink eye is the popular term for conjunctivitis which in adults is usually caused by a virus infecting the liniing of the eye similar to a cold infecting the lining of the throat. Most are self limited and need little care. Uveitis is a sterile inflammation of the inside of the eye causing pain, light sensitivity and a risk of internal eye damage. Treatment is with steroids; see an ophthalmolog ...Read moreSee 5 more doctor answers
I have swelling of the eyelid, a clear discharge from eye and pain in the general area. Eye dr. Ruled out eye infection. Is this a sinus infection?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is eye pain a symptom of conjunctivitis?
- Is pink eye a symptom of conjunctivitis?
- How long does eye discharge associated with conjunctivitis last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is increased tearing a symptom of conjunctivitis?
- Is morning crusting a symptom of conjunctivitis?
- Is cough a symptom of conjunctivitis?
- Worst allergic conjunctivitis symptom
- Is eye inflammation a symptom of conjunctivitis?