Doctor insights on:
Is Ethnicity A Factor In Urticaria
My ANA and rheumatiod factor were both negative. I still have mouth ulcers and urticaria. Does this sound like lupus?
Some simple solution: Many types, but an easy cure without asignificant side-effects is the combination of Hydroxyzine (50mg) at night with rantidine (300mg). Most people experience significant relief, almost immediately. Both of these drugs are $4.00/mo at target, walmart, kroger's, etc. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Multiple: There are many because the causes of urticaria are many. Some of the tests are actually physical stimuli (temperature, vibration, etc). Most others will involve skin prick or blood testing: cbc, cmp, ana, esr, crp, tsh, food ige, total ige, just to name a few... This is generally very low yield though. A good allergist will help you sort through all the options. ...Read more
Antihistamines: Over-the-counter non-sedating antihistamines like Allegra, Claritin, or Zyrtec are helpful for persistent hives while sedating antihistamine like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can be helpful for acute hives. If you have persistent hive reactions consider being seen by an Allergist for further treatment and evaluation. There are many triggers of hives so determining right trigger is important moving forward. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Urticaria ethnicity
- Is ethnicity a factor in pyelonephritis?
- Is ethnicity a factor in toxoplasmosis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is ethnicity a factor in sciatica?
- Is ethnicity a factor in gastroenteritis?
- Is ethnicity a factor in erythema toxicum?
- Is ethnicity a factor in precipitous delivery?
- Talk to a dermatologist online