Doctor insights on:
Is Ethnicity A Factor In Group B Streptococcal Infection
Depends: After diagnosis most physicians will treat a newborn with this DX for 2 weeks on IV antibiotics. Recurrent infection after shorter treatment has been seen. Complications may warrant additional time on meds.The kids generally stabilize on treatment within a few days & toward the end of treatment appear quite normal. ...Read more
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Penicillin: Penicillin is the drug of choice for grouop b streptococcus infections. For those allergic to penicillins there are other antibiotic choices that are effective. The route of administration and the duration of the treatment would depend on the nature, location, and severity of the infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Culture: Swab taken for culture specifically for gbs. ...Read more
Several: Untreated streptococcal infection can cause permanent heart damage, kidney problems , arthritis, skin infections and more. That is why you should see your doctor if you have a sore throat to determine if you need antibiotics to prevent these complications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Strep throat: Can present with any combination of the following: sore throat, headache, stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, and fever. Other strep infections can present with sudden high fever, problems breathing (pneumonia), impetigo (skin infection), or lymph nodes that are swollen and very tender. ...Read more
Yes: If treated right?Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Group b streptococcal infection
- Group b streptococcal infection pyelonephritis
- Cellulitis group b streptococcal infection
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is headaches a symptom of group b streptococcal infection?
- Is abdominal pain a symptom of group b streptococcal infection?
- Is pelvic pain a symptom of group b streptococcal infection?
- Is fever a symptom of group b streptococcal infection?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free