Doctor insights on:
Is Ethnicity A Factor In Appendicitis
Appendicitis is inflammation of the appendix which is a finger-shaped pouch that projects off of the colon. It causes right lower quadrant pain that radiates and becomes worse over time. Common symptoms are abdominal pain localizing to the right lower quadrant, nausea or vomiting, and loss of appetite. Appendicitis is treated with IV fluids + antibiotics and appendectomy (surgical removal of the appendix) either as an ...Read more
Youth, time, genes,: Most commonly occurs ages 10-30, but can occur any age. Cystic fibrosis a risk factor. More common with low fiber intake; more common in males; more common october to may (go figure); after some viral infections (which may be more common in the wintertime), some bacterial or parasitic infections (like amoeba); family history of appendicitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is ethnicity a factor in pyelonephritis?
- Is ethnicity a factor in toxoplasmosis?
- Is ethnicity a factor in viral uri?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is ethnicity a factor in gastroenteritis?
- Is ethnicity a factor in erythema toxicum?
- Is ethnicity a factor in precipitous delivery?
- Is ethnicity a factor in colic?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free