Doctor insights on:
Is Endoscopy The Only Way To Be Sure I Have Ulcers
Not necessary: Discuss with your doctor. Depending upon your symptoms doctor may decide to proceed with it. ...Read more
Is there any way other than endoscopy to diagnose a stomach ulcer? I'm pregnant and my doctors don't want to do one right now.
No: you would need sedation and I suggest that you follow medical advice:NO SEDATION ...Read more
Know what u Rx. C MD: Short term rx without evaluation may be ok (see the disclaimer on Prilosec otc-do not use for more than 2 weeks without seeing md-for evaluation). That's because the meds may relieve or mask symptoms of more serious issues, like ulcers, or cancers. Ulcers usually due to bact infection. Rx is to treat infection, not just take acid reducer. Ulcers can bleed, perforate, or can be ulcerated ca. C md. ...Read more
Ideal study to do so: An Endoscopy gives a Gastroenterologist a chance to view the lining of your Esophagus, Stomach, and the early section of your small intestines (the Duodenum) with a light and camera. Images can be displayed in a television in the study suite, and the lining of all those areas can be seen clearly to determine the best sites for biopsy or the need to remove suspicious lesions (i.e polyps). Be well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ulcers without scope: Absolutely. If a person is young and the symptoms are not alarming, ie. No bleeding, a patient can be treated with strong antacid medication called ppi such as prevacid. If they improve the only thing needed would be a blood test for h pylori to prevent a recurrence. Older people, such as over 50 or asians over 40, need endoscopy because of the prevalence of stomach cancer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Should i insist on endoscopy to be sure i dont have ulcers
- I have a svere sinus infection what is the best way to treat this
- I have orthostatic hypotension is there a way for me to ease the symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the fastest way to loweer my bp i am having brain surgery soon?
- What is the quickest way to lose weight if i have a hernia?
- I have headaches and the top of my head is tender what could this be
- Is there a way to tell if i have fractured a bone in my hand?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online