Doctor insights on:
Removing Plaque With An Electric Toothbrush Vs. A Manual Toothbrush
TEnter an answer sum: The toothbrush only gets the outside surfaces. You need to clean between your teeth where most tooth decay and gum disease start a water-pik alone wont help as much. Use dental floss or a small brush that fits between your teeth commonly known as an interproximal brush. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Dentists--please tell us your preferred electric toothbrushes for people with plaque. Also any nonelectric toothbrush for people with grip challenges?
Depends: There are basically two types of electric toothbrushes. There is the ‘rotation-oscillation' type. Braun oral b seems to be the market leaders here. The other type are 'sonic' types. Phillips sonicare seems to lead the way here. As for which type is best, it is a personal preference. Both are effective at plaque removal. I personally would prefer the oscillation type. ...Read more
Thanks for asking!: I prefer the electric vibrating tooth brush over the waterpic. Whatever does the best job in your hands of mechanically removing the plaque around your teeth. Try getting a chewable disclosing tablet from your dentist and you can compare which does the best job removing the plaque. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bleeding gums: You may have gingivitis or/and periodontal disease. Plaque is a sticky bio film that can be removed with a toothbrush, calculus is a harder and attaches itself to the tooth and root surface and needs to be removed professionally by a hygienist or dentist. See you dentist for an evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is aleve better or worse than advil for ankle sprains?
- Is naproxen better than hydrocodone for some types of pain?
- Is prescription medicine for pinworms better than over-the-counter medicine?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is trileptal better than lyrica and neurontin for face pain?
- Is neoprene better than vinyl for dumbbells?
- Is it better for you to have a slower breathing rate than a faster one?
- What is better than atenolol for anxiety?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free