Doctor insights on:
Is Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding A Symptom Of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
DUB: This means there are no organic cause for the bleeding, so relates to hormonal imbalance. It is bad if it bothers you. You will be to judge this, if it conceirns you , an appt with an ob.Gyn can offer lot of insight into this problem, and also a solution:). ...Read more
Pcos is a metabolic disorder affecting 8-10% of women that may cause irregular periods, acne or increased hair growth, infertility or subfertility, and increases the risk of diabetes. To diagnose pcos, we need 2 out of 3 of: 1. Irregular or no periods 2. Acne, hair growth and/or blood tests showing too much male-type hormones (androgens) 3. Ultrasound showing large ovaries ...Read more
What are the symptoms of dysfunctional uterine bleeding? Can it lead to any other diseases or disorders?
It may be the cause: There are three primary causes of dysfunctional uterine bleeding: 1) pregnancy- get a pregnancy test now; 2) endocrine- things such as polycystic ovary disease; 3) structural or tissue, such as fibroids of the uterus, or tumors of the ovary, associated endometriosis. Given the fact that you have pain, the first suspicion would be a pregnancy or a tissue source. Get examined by a gynecologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Abnormal periods: Irregular periods are one of the most common problems obgyns treat. If this is one time problem it usually resolves on its own. If this is a recurring problem you should be evaluated. Infections ; hormonal changes can cause spotting. If there is a concern for pregnancy then do a home pregnancy test . There are many options available to help regulate the menstrual cycle. Schedule a visit. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is vaginal bleeding a symptom of vanishing twin syndrome?
- Is hip pain a symptom of ovarian cancer?
- Is brown vaginal discharge a symptom of an ovarian cyst?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is rectal bleeding symptom of ovarian cancer?
- Is breast tenderness a symptom of ovarian cancer?
- Breast discharge is that a symptom of an ovarian cyst
- Is dizziness a symptom of an ovarian cyst?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free