Doctor insights on:
Is Dobutamine Safe To Given In A Nursing Home Setting
Dobutamine: We usually would not administer Dobutamine in a nursing home setting. It needs to be closely monitored and this monitoring is usually not possible in a nursing home. Dobutamine is usually given for acute hemodynamic instablity and this is again not usually a nursing home treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it safe having an order for nursing home staff to give additional BP pill if over 150? Couldnt they give it too often or close to other?
Watch BP at next dos: If your systolic BP is > 150 (1-2 hours later), then "too close" doesn't apply because the previous pill was not enough. Another would not be given until the normal prescribed time, but this is when care has to be taken. Another parameter to withhold the BP medication if less than (whatever your BP target is) could be helpful to avoid low blood pressure. Report any dizziness. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I'm a volunteer at a nursing home and I am now doing activities with seniors. I need some ideas for safe exercises in chairs?
Kee[p it simple: This is great thing to do.. Just keep it simple. Reaching one arm at a time , forward, then upward, then out to the side. Repeat on the other side. Rotate head toward left shoulder, pause, then return to midline.. And repeat to the other side. Now lean one ear towards the shoulder on the same side... Pause and return and repeat on the other side. Good luck. ...Read more
Communication: First put down your thoughts about why you don't like the medication-side effects? Then make an appt with the doctor and discuss your concerns and ask for alternatives. ...Read more
I was told i have viral bronchitis. I work in a nursing home with the elderly, is it safe for me to be in work with viral bronchitis?
How often should seniors be given a bath in a nursing home facility? Who washes their bottom? How?
Nursing home rules: You should ask the nursing home that question for they do have rules to maintain. ...Read more
The are no bed rails at nursing home; bed was lowered to the floor. Is that safe if pelvic fracture?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a safe way to delay ovulation by a few days in a regular cycle?
- Is it safe to run or jog with a herniated disk in my lower back?
- Is it safe to drink those laxative teas with senna in them on a daily basis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Whats the minimum age to put a person in a nursing home
- How many cigarettes is safe to take in a day?
- What is a safe alternative to douching in pregnancy?
- Is it safe to sit in a vibrating chair while pregnant?
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free