Doctor insights on:
Is Difficulty Swallowing From A Tracheostomy Permanent
Tracheomalacia: Tracheomalacia (from trachea and Greek ???????, softening) is a condition characterized by flaccidity of the tracheal support cartilage which leads to tracheal collapse especially when increased airflow is demanded. The trachea normally dilates slightly during inspiration and narrows slightly during expiration. These processes are exaggerated in tracheomalacia, leading to airway collapse . REwiki ...Read more
Swallowng difficulty: Many things can cause dysphagia or swallowing problems.Reflux disease (gerd), esophageal motility problems, strictures or other more ominous things like tumors. And osteoporosis drugs like Fosamax are increasingly implicated. Talk to your doctor about this and a endoscopic procedure or barium swallow is likely in ordre. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Block: For most of us, it's 99.99% mental. Unfortunately, i'm one of those people and it's irritating since I have to take a total of 7 pill daily at 3 different times of the day. To get me through, i sometimes hide the pills in gelatin dessert or applesauce. For folks who've had radiation of surgery in thr neck, however, it can me more serious and they should check in with their primary care doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a white spot from liquid nitrogen wart removal is this permanent
- Is difficulty swallowing food a symptom of lupus?
- Is difficulty swallowing a symptom of lupus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is difficulty swallowing a symptom of herpangina?
- Is difficulty swallowing a symptom of aspirated foreign body?
- Difficulty swallowing and croup
- Is difficulty swallowing a symptom of hand foot mouth?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free