Doctor insights on:
Is Degenerative Joint Disease The Same Thing As Osteoarthritis
Common degenerative problem of cartilage and joints. Simply stated it is wear and tear to a point that the joint no longer can keep up with depositing fresh cartilage and the joint space thins, bone becomes exposed and pailful, bone spurs and deformity may ensue. And ...Read more
Yes!: Sometimes induced by trauma! at your age. ...Read more
Arthritis vrs aging: Degenerative joint disease is an outdated term for osteoarthritis of peripheral joints. Degenerative disc disease is sometimes diagnosed when vertebral spurs are noted. The latter phenomenon, referred to most accurately as spondylosis deformans, is asymptomatic. It may be associated with disc disease, but disc damage does not necessarily cause pain. ...Read more
What are my options for degenerative joint disease/osteoarthritis in my temporal mandibular joint?
Virtually all joints: Most joints can be invovled, but some many more times likely than others. Cartilage deteriorates and has little capacity for regneration, since it is devoid of blood flow. Nutrition of cartilage is from diffusion of nutrient fromm blood flowing to adjacent bone and muscle. It can be primary, caused by wear and tear, or be caused by an inflammatory arthritis. Weight bearing joints more likely. ...Read more
Upshot?: If you are asking what is good about djd, the answer is nothing. If you want to know about successful treatments, then we are talking anti-inflammatory medications, general analgesics, range-of-motion exercises as well as aerobic activities. Stretching and strengthening exercises are all useful. Injections can help a ton as well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is intersitial lung disease the same thing as pulmonary fibrosis?
- Is a stress fracture the same thing as a compression fracture in your bone?
- Any disease involving the bones and joints is known as
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is a cold the same thing as bronchitis?
- Is a rupture the same thing as a tear of the mcl?
- Is a nstemi the same thing as unstable angina?
- Is endometrial hyperplasia the same thing as endometrial cancer?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free