Doctor insights on:
Is Cyanosis Curable Or Will It Return In Long Term
Depends: It depends entirely on the cause of the cyanosis. If it is due to a reversible phenomenon such as spasm of certain small blood vessels called arterioles, then cyanosis is treatable and can improve. There are many causes of cyanosis; some are untreatable. ...Read more
Not in isolation: Coarctation only causes cyanosis when it is associated with other heart disease that allows blue blood to cross over to the red blood side. Cyanosis occurs in two situations: 1. When blue blood gets to the red blood side ("right-to-left shunting) or 2. When blood is not fully oxygenated in the lungs ("pulmonary venous desaturation"). ...Read more
Cyanosis: Bluish discoloration.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does cyanosis last?
- Short term disability return to work
- How long does cyanosis associated with croup last?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long before returning to work after pneumonia?
- How long does cyanosis associated with aspirated foreign body last?
- How long does cyanosis associated with toxic ingestion last?
- Is there an age at which lung cancer is no longer curable?
- Talk to a emergency medicine specialist online for free