Doctor insights on:
Is Cmv Able To Be Transferred Through Food
No: That's not how CMV is transmitted.Get a more detailed answer ›
Depends: Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is itself highly contagious. However, it rarely causes a problem in a person with an intact immune system. Serious infections occur in fetuses (devastating!) whose moms get CMV while pregnant and in immunocompromised patients (with aids or organ transplant recipients). It is this last group that is most likely to get CMV colitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My daughter was born with CMV the virus was only 200% at 3months old in the blood count. Will she be able normal? Takes Valcyte n now blood count 495
High probability: If an infant is asymptomatic at birth and viral count is low, then outcome looks good, but continue medical care and monitoring. See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19478688 or http://www.uptodate.com/contents/cytomegalovirus-infection-and-disease-in-newborns-infants-children-and-adolescents/abstract/18 ...Read more
Blood test: Cytomegalovirus infection is diagnosed by a variety of blood tests. It is part of the standard battery of tests given to pregnant moms. Once you have been infected, you are immune for life. As a result, if a pregnant mom has never been infected, she needs to be very careful to stay away from sick people, many of whom might have cmv. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: CMV (cytomegalovirus) infection in children and young adults with intact immune system is usually a trivial infection. However, pregnant mother becomes infected the first time, the virus infects her fetus. Sensorineural hearing loss and developmental delay are common sequelae following congenital CMV infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes,usually no prob.: CMV is in the herpes family & many viruses in that family, like herpes simplex, Epstein Barr virus, chickenpox, HHV 6 & CMV infect virtually everyone & live in our bodies forever. For those with a healthy immune system this is not a problem as our bodies can keep them in a inactive state where they do not cause problems. However, people who are immunocomprised may develop chronic active infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to be able to feel very small pea sized lymph nodes in collar bone?
- If my hcg level is 21000 what should i be able to see
- Is it normal to be able to see the blood vessels in the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How readily is cmv colitis transferred from person to person?
- When will my baby be able to transfer objects between hands
- Is cheese healthy food and what kind of cheese i should eat to be healthy?
- Will i be able to spend time with my preemie if she is in the nicu
- Talk to a pediatrician online