Doctor insights on:
Is Cirrhosis Contagious
Not contagious: If tissue matches father can donate , part of his healthy liver to the son , of course he should have non cirrhotic liver , cirrhosis is not transmitted genetically , and not contagious. ...Read more
See 2 more doctor answers
Scarred Liver: Liver damage and scarring of the liver from a variety of causes results in what is called cirrhosis of the liver. Alcohol, viral hepatitis, autoimmune liver diseases, inheritedliver disease are some examples of causes of cirrhosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See 1 more doctor answer
Bx or Radiology: Dr hack is correct, with liver biopsy being a common means to diagnosis cirrhosis. However there are findings radiographicaly (ct, us or nuclear) that can suggest cirrhosis in which pathologic confirmation is not necessary. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Liver transplant: It also depends on the cause. Liver cirrhosis due to hepatitis b can reverse with medication. Hepatitis c on the other hand rarely reverses from cirrhosis to a non-cirrhotic state. A liver transplant is the ultimate cure for cirrhosis, but not everybody is a candidate for liver transplant. ...Read more
No: Obesity is quickly becoming an increased risk and overtaking alcoholism as a leading cause of cirrhosis. Obesity inflames the liver causes fatty liver, hepatitis which can lead to . Other causes can be infection such a hepatitis b or c. Certain genetic disorders as well. And occasionally toxic reactions to medications. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is skin cirrhosis contagious?
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- How long is mrsa contagious after antibiotics?
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- How long is walking pneumonia contagious?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free