Doctor insights on:
Is Cipd Disease Hereditary
Mostly not inherited: The vast majority of people with parkinson's seem to get it sporadically, that is without any clear inheritance from family. That being said, we've found around 12 genetic variants that seem to greatly increase the risk of developing pd in some families. Some of them are recessive (rarely crops up), and some are dominant (50% chance of getting it from 1 affected parent). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
To a minor degree: Most cases of chrohn's disease are sporadic. There is a small tendency for it to run more commonly in families but identical twins for instance do not both always have the condition so there is probably an inheritance component lowering the susceptibilility but not being causative. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cipd disease
- What is cipd?
- Is peridontal disease hereditary?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Hereditary factors in heart disease
- Is menieres disease hereditary?
- Is gum disease hereditary?
- Hereditary muscle diseases
- Talk to a neurologist online