Doctor insights on:
Is Cephalexin Can Be Used For Tick Bites
Tick bite: The treatment of a given tick exposure will depend on the length of attachment, the type of tick, the diseases that are seen in the community, and the symptoms developed by the person. Specific medical treatment depends on the pathogen(s) transmitted in the tick bite. For example, in adults, if one suspects lyme disease, Doxycycline or Amoxicillin or Cefuroxime axetil, or emycin (erythromycin) is used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Removal: Careful removal of the tick, followed, if necessary, by a steroid cream or ointment to reduce the inflammation and itching. Would not use antibiotics unless you get secondary infection, or develop signs and symptoms of a tick-borne infection (fever, rash, malaise, etc.). If that occurs see a doctor asap. Would not recommend prophylactic antibiotics. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have an infected tick bite will cephalexin help
- Can tick bites be itchy?
- Can a tick bite cause cough?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you die from a tick bite?
- Can a tick bite make a man sterile?
- What can you put on a tick bite?
- Can you have an allergic reaction to a tick bite?
- Talk to a dermatologist online