Doctor insights on:
Is Celiac Disease Considered Dangerous To Health
In Celiac disease the body reacts to gluten (in wheat and gluten like proteins in rye and barley) in the small intestine causing damage. This limits the intestine's ability to absorb some nutrients. Classically people have loose stool, bloating, and abdominal discomfort but more often are just found when screened for other reasons (like symptoms of a nutritional deficiency like ...Read more
Yes: The problem is malabsorption of food and essential vitamins which can lead to many other complications (neurologic, hematologic, bone etc )and even death. The only treatment is avoidance at this time. The problem with a gluten free diet is that gluten free products often contain more sugar and fat to keep the consistency moist. ...Read more
Are celiac disease, thyroid disease, and pcos related? I have all three. Am i at risk for future health problems?
I am so worried. My kids only need to see the doctor for sports physicals. Now one has celiac disease. What should I say, in terms of effects on health and well-being?
Be honest: Celiac disease can in some cases affect performance with fatigue and side effects of medication. Sports physicals are designed (hopefully) to try and find out about serious risks such as impending heart stoppage, asthma and aspects of physical fragility which would render athletic performance hazardous. Celiac disease is not one of those. ...Read more
Can sickle cell trait have an impact on other health conditions such as type 1 diabetes, neuropathy, high blood pressure, celiac disease, or asthma?
Can you please explain why celiac disease is considered dangerous, and gluten intolerance not dangerous?
I have coeliac/celiac disease meaning that I can't eat gluten. How dangerous is airline gluten-free diet?
Any age: Any age after six months, depending on the clinical picture. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is diarrhea considered to be a communicable disease?
- Is hearing loss connected to celiac disease?
- Is latisse dangerous to use at all are there any health risks to using it?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible for one person to have both celiac disease and ulcerative colitis?
- How dangerous is a blood clot in the lungs to your health?
- Is it dangerous to my health to leave a diseased nail untreated?
- Is it safe for a person with celiac disease to donate blood?
- Talk to an allergist online for free