Doctor insights on:
Is B Irth Control Less Effect Ive The Week Of Your Per Iod
No: Most birth control methods have 21-24 days of hormones to suppress ovulation & the week that someone is on their period is the time that no hormones are present in the birth control. You do not release eggs during this time. Menstrual blood is a sign that your hormones are dropping and no longer supporting the lining of the uterus.It would be rare for someone to get pregnant during their period. ...Read more
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Is birth control pill still effective if you get your period at a time other than the placebo week?
Breakthrough bleedin: Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control. It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working. ...Read more
If you start your period one day before sugar pills, does that mean your birth control is not as effective? Been on pill for 9mths.
What is the likelihood of getting pregnant if you regularly take birth control pills, but have intercourse the week of your period?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Are out of date birth control pills any less effective?
- Does vitamin c make birth control less effective?
- Will clindamycin 300mg anitbioticmake my birth control less effective
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Birth control that will stop your period
- How long after you take antibiotics is your birth control effective?
- Spotting a week after period on birth control
- Brown discharge a week after period on birth control
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free