Doctor insights on:
Is Benadryl Safe While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Breast Feeding: Small, occasional doses of Diphenhydramine would not be expected to cause any adverse effects in breastfed infants. Larger doses or more prolonged use may cause effects in the infant or decrease the milk supply. This is taken from the drug and lactation database web site where you can search for drugs. Search for Diphenhydramine .Link: http://toxnet.Nlm.Nih.Gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?Lact. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Considered OK...: Most physicians consider Diphenhydramine (aka benadryl) to be safe while breast feeding. There are some anecdotal reports suggesting that Diphenhydramine may affect milk supply, but data is lacking. Diphenhydramine could cause a little bit of sedation or fussiness (both are not harmful) in baby, but most infants are not affected. Make sure to keep yourself well hydrated if you have cold. ...Read more
Was just stung by a wasp, wondering if any antihistamines would be safe to take while breastfeeding or should I just ride out the swelling ?
Benadryl: Ok, unless your doctor recommends otherwise.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take benadryl while breastfeeding?
- Is milk of magnesia safe while breastfeeding?
- Cold and sinus medicine that is safe while breastfeeding
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take vyvanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is ginger root safe to take while breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take resveratrol while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take nitrofurantoin while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online