Doctor insights on:
Is Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia Common In Women
Yes.: The presence of abnormal duct cells at the time of a breast biopsy (ADH (vasopressin)) is common. This is not a pre-cancerous condition, however, women with ADH (vasopressin) do have a 2 to 4 fold increased lifetime risk of developing breast cancer as compared to the general population. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'd choose not to.: A diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia on a biopsy means we need to do surgery to remove the area out. If in case that diagnosis was made on a surgically removed specimen and if it was completely removed then it does not need any additional surgery. Sometimes tamoxifen can be used to follow up as a medical treatment but i would not recommend natural drugs for this diagnosis. ...Read more
ADH (vasopressin) - risk marker: Long term, ADH (vasopressin) is a marker for elevated risk (2.5-4x's) and warrants increased screening (?Bmri) and possible chemoprevention. When found on a core biopsy, the standard is for open biopsy obtaining additional tissue to provide context for the pathology to exclude upgrading to dcis. It does not need to be completely excised with margins. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Chemoprevention: There is an increased risk of developing breast cancer associated with a tissue diagnosis of atypical ductal hyperplasia. This risk can be reduced by taking exists or tamoxifen. Please go and consult with a medical oncologist with an interest in breast cancer to discuss the risk and benefits of chemoprevention. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Breast cancer marker: ADH (vasopressin) is an abnormal proliferation of breast duct cells that is benign but is associated with present or future breast cancer. ADH (vasopressin) is suspected on mammograms with microcalcifications and is diagnosed on needle biopsy and usually requires surgical excision. About 30% of excisions for ADH (vasopressin) will show cancer. For the other 70% of women the risk of developing breast cancer over the next 8 years is 3.7%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In a biopsy report for atypical ductal hyperplasia, are benign margins the same as clear margins. Or does it mean more adh (vasopressin)
Breastduct excision fibrocystic changes,ductal hyperplasia w/o atypical,apocrine metaplasia,dilated benign ducts with thermal artifact.this means what?
No cancer: All of the changes in your breast are benign and there is no cancer. For good health - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex. ...Read more
Past kidney ca ultrasound show 3 possible focal nodular hyperplasia on liver and swollen common bile duct. Should i be worried?
Normal: Macrophages are a type of white blood cells (in the blood they are called monocytes). They are known for phagocytosing ('eating') foreign microscopic substances. Ductal hyperplasia is a benign proliferation of ducts usually described in breast biopsies. ...Read more
To have a second opinion about the need of removing a fibroadenoma 5.5×5.2×2.4 CM with usual focal hyperplasia ductal in right breast. ?
Sure.: It's always OK to get a second opinion, especially when surgery is involved. See a breast surgeon. A breast mass measuring 5cm is quite large, and a biopsy only removes and tests a tiny piece of it. Without removing the whole mass, it's hard to know for sure that it's benign (not cancer). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia breast
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia
- Atypical ductal hyperplasia with microcalcifications
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Atypical hyperplasia of breast
- Complex atypical endometrial hyperplasia
- Complex atypical hyperplasia of the uterus
- Atypical junctional melanocytic hyperplasia
- Talk to a pathologist online for free