Doctor insights on:
Is Aortic Stenosis Hereditary
Surgery vs Meds: Initially aortic stenosis (as) is treated with medications, but when the heart begins failing due to it as well as a few other parameters, it is time to think about surgical valve replacement. This can be done either as a traditional open heart operation or in some cases now percutaneously without having an incision. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I : I am not exactly sure what your question is but would be happy to help if you could provide more information. You are likely referring to congenital aortic stenosis which is caused by abnormal formation of the valve leaflets of the aortic valve which is the last valve that blood passes through as it leaves the heart. A normal valve has 3 leaflets (tricuspid) but abnormal valves with only 2 leaflets (bicuspid, affecting up to 1% of the population) or 1 leaflet (unicuspid) are recognized. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Aortic stenosis
- Is pyloric stenosis hereditary?
- Spinal stenosis hereditary
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is aortic regurgitation hereditary?
- Symptoms of aortic stenosis in adults
- What is an aortic stenosis?
- Reverse aortic stenosis
- Talk to a cardiologist online