Doctor insights on:
Is Any Operation Or Procedure Needed To Fix Unequal Pupils
YouDon'tSeeEyeToEye: It depends on what's causing them but even then there's not much to offer except maybe eye drops that counteract whatever is causing the inequality (dilated on one side, constricted on the other or vice versa) unless the problem is in the eye and irreversible. Sometimes a systemic medication based on the cause. Rarely surgery. If that's what you have, start with a neurologist or opthalmologist. ...Read more
Anisocoria: is a condition of unequal pupil sizes. Affecting 20% of the population, it can be an entirely harmless condition or a symptom of more serious medical problems. Have it checked out. If it is harmless, just ignore it. If there is an underlying medical problem, then that is what needs to be treated. There are medicines to make a pupil larger or smaller, and the strength can be adjusted. Don't do that ...Read more
What would cause unequal pupils in a patient that has been in a medically induced coma for over a week?
Depends: It is important to know if this had been true prior to the illness onset. If not present prior the possibility is high the pt has had some intracranial catastrophe such as brain bleed. The unequal pupils suggest a bleed or other intracranial event. Need to speak to the neurologist. If not under the care of neuro get a consult. ...Read more
Unequal pupils r > l. R eye feels swollen. R sided headaches. Occasional bright dots/sparks in r vision. Ct normal. Us carotids nil. What is wrong?
Many: If it comes and goes, it most likely is a migraine. If it is persisting, it could be many diagnosisis. Horneres syndrome (but affected pupil should be smaller) / from trauama? / addies tonic pupil / optic neuritis (multiple sclerosis) / tumor (did the ct include brain and orbits?). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it too late to fix my wandering eye or lazy eye i am an adult?
- Is there any risk to my teeth or dentures during upper endoscopy?
- Is there any way to help cure or treat dermographia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is there any way to cure or treat demodex?
- My shins hurt quite a bit when i run or jog is there any way to prevent the pain
- Is a laminectomy or vertebrae fusion or both any good to relieve back pain?
- What is the procedure to fix a double outlet right ventricle?
- Talk to a pediatric ophthalmologist online for free