Doctor insights on:
Is Anger A Side Effect Of Lantus Insulin
If 'N' = NPH, yes: It peaks in 6-8 hours, last 10-14 hours. Lantus has mosest peaks, lasts 24 hours the amer assoc of clinical endocrinologists recommends not using nph, but longer acting basal insulin, like Insulin to obtain smoother control [often in combination with meal time short-acting insulin]. ...Read more
Hi, how often should I be taking the insulin lantus (insulin glargine)? I'm getting 40 units a day.
Basal insulin: 40% of the Insulin a pancreas makes is done constantly and the other 60% is done to respond to your carbohydrate ingestion(when you eat). Lantus (insulin glargine) is the first Insulin that was design to take care of that 40% because it is designed to work over 24 hrs without any peak in action minimizing low blood sugar reactions. ...Read more
Yes: But a consistent regimen is recommended. Preferably before bedtime. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Side effect of lantus
- How to administer lantus insulin?
- The best time to take lantus insulin
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effect
- Side effects of insulin lispro
- Side effects of insulin injections
- Side effects of the insulin humulin
- Talk to a diabetes specialist online for free