Doctor insights on:
Is An Antispasmodic Addictive
Addiction is a condition in which a person has a strong, persistent physical and psychological need for a habit-forming substance (such as alcohol, cigarettes, or cocaine) or an activity (such as gambling). The person usually suffers physical or psychological withdrawal symptoms if he is unable to continue getting what ...Read more
Many websites: Thre are many websites that can give you the answe. Global rph, epocrates are two that can be helpful. ...Read more
Can't say: Different ones work better for different people ...Read more
Perhaps: Not all ibs patients respond the same. While no absolute cure is available, new evidence suggests that more can be done now for symptom relief & control than ever before. Many sufferers of ibs find the use of certain "probiotics" an effective resource in combating & managing the symptoms--perhaps with an antispasmodic. A gastroenterologist can discuss these new developments & advise you. Call now. ...Read more
Possibly: They usually help but not necessarily a cure. ...Read more
See below: Peppermint oil has been traditionally used as an antispasmodic, and a review of studies on the topic found that it "could be efficacious for symptom relief in ibs" (as an antispasmodic) although more carefully controlled studies are needed. Bamboo shoots have been used for gastrointestinal and antispasmodic symptoms. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a way to tell if someone has an addictive personality?
- What is an addictive personality?
- Is there any such thing as an addictive personality?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is anal sex safe if you have an internal hemorrhoid?
- What is considered an average or normal bra size for a fourteen year old?
- Vaginal secretions during an orgasm
- Why is my ankle red and hot to the touch after an ankle sprain?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free