Doctor insights on:
Is Alopecia Contagious
Hair loss: Alopecia can be inherited, related to shock or stress, dietary deficiencies such as malnutrition, genetic disorders, medication, and an autoimmune disorder in which the body's antibodies attack the hair follicles. Hormonal disorders can cause hairloss such as hypothryoidism. Exogenous trauma such as curling irons, constant pulling hairstyles (traction alopecia) and chemical trauma, e.g. Chlorine. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the type: There are many different types of alopecia. Male pattern baldness is called androgenic alopecia and is effected by the actions of dihydrotestosterone. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition. Whereas other alopecias/hair loss can be due to thyroid or other medical diseases. ...Read more
Depends: Causes include, but not limited to : vitamin deficiencies, poor diet, thyroid issues, anemia, hormonal imbalances/changes, medications, genetics, tension of hair (pulling back), damage from chemical treatments/dyes, obsessive pulling (trichotillomania) - the solution is find the cause, as each cuase has different treatment. Would talk to your physician and consider labwork. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why is smiling contagious?
- How long is flu contagious after tamiflu?
- How long is flu contagious after fever breaks?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long is ringworm contagious after treatment?
- Is bronchial pneumonia contagious?
- Is upper respiratory infection contagious?
- How long is hand foot and mouth disease contagious?
- Talk to a dermatologist online