Doctor insights on:
Is Age A Factor In Trichomonas Vulvovaginitis
Infection: This is a vaginal infection caused by a flagellate protozoa that is usually caused by trichomonas vaginalis. This infection can occur in men as well. It is sometimes (mostly) obtained by sexual contact. It is easily treated with the appropriate medication. See your doctor to make sure are diagnosed and treated properly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Trichomoniasis: S an std caused by the trichomonas vaginalis parasite. Approximately 70% of people w trichomoniaisis infection are asymptomatic. Men can experience penile discharge, burning after urination, discomfort after ejaculation ; itching/ sensitivity of urethra. A trichomoniasis vaginalis parasitic infection can lead to frothing, greenish-yellow, malodorous vaginal discharge. Women may have pain w. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Highly unlikely: It is a sexually transmitted disease.Get a more detailed answer ›
What are the risk factors for both male and female who have had trichomonas? And can it be dangerous to ones health?
Infectious condition: Vulvovaginitis means inflammation of vagina and vulva-typically caused by common infections like candida(yeast), gardnerella(bacterial vaginosis), trichomonas.Group b sreptococcus can cause vaginitis rarely vulvitis.Other common causes of vulvitis are contact dermatitis caused by allergy to synthetic wear, hoses, underwear etc.Then there are certain rare vuvar dystrophies caused by autoimmune disorder. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is age a factor in blighted ovum?
- Is age a factor in loose vagina?
- Is age a factor in maternal sore nipples?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is age a factor in fused skull bones?
- Is age a factor in carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Is age a factor in separation of the symphysis pubis?
- Is age a factor in transverse lie?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free