Doctor insights on:
Is Adderall Related To Aortic Stenosis As A Child
Depends: If you question is related to it causing as, then no; there is no evidence to suggest Adderall causes as. If you are asking if adderrall will affect a patient with as, then it may. But it generally does not significantly harm patients with as. Please discuss your specific issues with your cardiologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I : I am not exactly sure what your question is but would be happy to help if you could provide more information. You are likely referring to congenital aortic stenosis which is caused by abnormal formation of the valve leaflets of the aortic valve which is the last valve that blood passes through as it leaves the heart. A normal valve has 3 leaflets (tricuspid) but abnormal valves with only 2 leaflets (bicuspid, affecting up to 1% of the population) or 1 leaflet (unicuspid) are recognized. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How does a child develop aortic stenosis at such an early age, isn't this a disease for the elderly?
Not Only Elderly: You are correct in that as is common in the elderly. But children are not little adults, and the process is different. In children with, the aortic valve itself usually did not develop normally. Or, they contracted a disease like rheumatic fever which affects heart valves (quite rare in the west). Please discuss your specific issues with your cardiologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
May start from birth: Aortic valve problems may start from birth if the aortic valve was abnormal due to a birth defect. As one ages, there can be progressive wear and tear of a bicuspid valve present since birth. There can also be wear and tear of a previously normal aortic valve in the elderly. Rheumatic fever can also cause scarring of the aortic valve in a child or adult. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to sleep on a wool mattress if i was allergic to wool as a young child?
- Is it safe to get the hepatitis b vaccine while pregnant or as a small child?
- Is sudden hot flashes related to a kidney stone?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take modafinil as a study aid while on a ssri?
- Is it bad to ejaculate more than 5 times in a few days as a teen?
- Is there a way to increase my libedo as it seems to be low lately?
- Is there such thing as having emotional growth stunted due to child abuse?
- Talk to a pediatrician online