Doctor insights on:
Is A Knee Replacement Categorized As A Disability
Life Changing: If you have a bona fide need for replacement and have seen a reputable orthopedist, this surgery can change your life. You will have <1 week in the hospital, perhaps a week in rehab if any, and will have 2-6 weeks of rehabilitation to go through pending any complicaitons, your general health and condition. You will have some pain, stiffness and muscle atrophy, thus the therapy. Ask a lot of ?'s. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Poor function: Although xrays are helpful in determining whether knee replacement is indicated, pain and poor function are the primary indications. Severe arthritis will cause pain, swelling, and instability(particularly when descending stairs). When these issues affect your quality of life, and other measures have failed, knee replacement may be indicated. A well-done knee replacement should last 20-25 yrs. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I will tell you: Tkr as called were the end of both femur and tibia and patella are caped like tooth cap. If it is done for the diagnosis, patient will enjoy the result. The complication rare are very low and the most serious complication is infection lee that 1%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
6-12 weeks is normal: A double knee replacement is quite taxing on your body. Some people can go back in 4-6 weeks to a sedentary job. Most people can return in 6-12 weeks but they will be stiff and sore and need to move around a lot and often still feel achy and restless at 6 weeks. Most people are taking pain medication for 3-12 weeks after surgery. As you see this varies greatly from patient to patient. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it normal to get lower back pain after a total knee replacement surgery?
- Which is the best exercise equipment to use after a knee replacement
- Is it normal for my knee to get really stiff after a total knee replacement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the average recovery and rehabilitation time after a knee replacement?
- How long is the recovery time after a knee replacement?
- How long is a person typically immobile after getting a double knee replacement?
- Strengthening a knee after a total knee replacement
- Talk to a physical medicine and rehab specialist online for free