Doctor insights on:
Is A False Positive Result In Stool Blood Testing Possible
What could cause a positive iFOBT (stool blood) test in a young 23 yr old male? And is it serious? Doc referred me to GI
Went to dr for pain in my stomach, had an "iFOB" stool blood test which was positive. Referred to GI but don't want to go. Is a watch and wait ok?
Get seen: I have autopsied a couple of young adults who bled out from ulcers that went undetected. Get checked out. ...Read more
If I don't see a reaction when I use a stool blood test card, how can tell if the test is negative or if it's defective?
Ask your physician: After you collect the sample, you must send it back to your physician. There is a solution that is placed on the back of the card to make the color change happen. A small blue circle (control) will appear at the bottom of the test area. If this is the only color change present on the card, the test is negative and valid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the causes of false negative results in stool blood testing?
- Positive stool blood testing
- Stool occult blood false positive
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lupus testing false positive
- False positive mammogram results
- False positive pcp results
- False positive chlamydia results
- Talk to a pathologist online for free