Doctor insights on:
Is A Burst Eardrum Serious
Not painful: A perforated ear drum usually is not associated with pain unless you have a middle ear infection. Also there are sensory nerves innervating the middle ear mucosa and depending on the size of the perforation, air from the outside may irritate these nerves and cause pain. If the perforation is more than 4-5 mm. Surgery can help. But when you say burst, it could be a tear and may heal on its own. ...Read more
Can you tell me if a burst eardrum is very painful. But how does does this actually affect hearing?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Burst eardrum causes
- Ear infection burst eardrum
- Home remedies for burst eardrum
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the symptoms of a burst eardrum?
- Burst eardrum treatment
- Can you fly with a burst eardrum?
- Can i swim with a burst eardrum?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online