Doctor insights on:
Is A Burst Eardrum Serious
Not painful: A perforated ear drum usually is not associated with pain unless you have a middle ear infection. Also there are sensory nerves innervating the middle ear mucosa and depending on the size of the perforation, air from the outside may irritate these nerves and cause pain. If the perforation is more than 4-5 mm. Surgery can help. But when you say burst, it could be a tear and may heal on its own. ...Read more
Can you tell me if a burst eardrum is very painful. But how does does this actually affect hearing?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a pimple on the lip me my vagina is this serious
- My 11 month old has a bad cough and diarrhea but no fever is it serious
- Is it normal to have a constant headache since a burst blood vessel in my eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to get a hard cyst on the labia that eventually bursts?
- Is a pounding pulse in the head during exercise serious?
- How serious is a platelet count of 95?
- What does it mean if i have protein in my urine is that a serious health issue?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online