Doctor insights on:
Iron Overdose How Many Milligrams At One Time Does It Take
For iron deficiency should you take iron supplements + iron -enriched foods? Worried about iron overdose. And how long to get iron back in system?
Fe deficiency is a..: Symptom of a problem as much as being a problem in its own rite. It's important to both correct the deficiency and discover its source. To correct, continue oral fe supplements until hematocrit normalizes then continue for another 3months to replete stores. If you find the source and fix it, your only significant source of fe loss is bleeding. If you don't fix it, the fe deficiency will recur. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can be fatal: The clinical features of iron overdose are comprised of five phases that are manifestations of the toxic effects of iron. These phases include gastrointestinal (GI) features (abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, throwing up blood, and black, tarry stools); a latent phase; shock and metabolic acidosis; liver toxicity and liver necrosis; and bowel obstruction. ...Read more
See below: Iron overdose occurs when someone takes large amount of iron supplements. It can be accidental or intentional. Overdose of iron is a serious condition and is extremely dangerous in children. Symptoms: *blood in stools or black colored stools.This is a sign of bleeding from the gastro intestinal tract. *abdominal pain. *nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. *vomiting blood. ...Read more
Not a problem: Unless you have a specific disease process like hemochromotosis, which causes abnormal retention of iron or a hemolytic anemia, iron overload is not a problem. If you have one of these problems, then therapeutic phlebotomy (for hemochromotisis) or chelation with Deferoxamine (for the anemias) are among the standard treatments. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many citalopram does it take to overdose?
- How many amoxicillin does it take to overdose?
- How many advil does it take to overdose?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many milligrams of benadryl can i take?
- How many milligrams of ibuprofen should i take?
- How many milligrams of ibuprofen can i take?
- How many mg of tylenol does it normally take for an overdose to be lethal?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free