Doctor insights on:
Involuntary Muscle Contraction That Move The Food Through The Digestive System
It is a body tissue that has the ability to contract. It shortens and generates force. It relaxes and returns to its original length. Muscles move joints, stabilize the body, move air and food through the organs, act as valves for bladder, bowel and other organs. They control movement of the eyes. They help us express ourselves by changing the shape of our ...Read more
I eat a lot. But i am not getting fat. And i think i am not gaining muscle either. Is it normal? Or maybe my digestive system does not work properly?
Be healthy.: Make sure you are eating good healthy whole foods. Get as many vegetables into your day as you can. Drink plenty of water. Get on a good exercise program. Make sure you are getting good sleep every night. If you do all of these things, then you should develop and grow as you should. If you are doing all of this and are still having problems, get in to be evaluated. ...Read more
Is there any relation between the blood flow in the gastrocnemius muscle and the digestive system?
Here are some ...: Semen color may change from time to time over life, usually reflecting the frequency of ejaculation; that is entirely expected and carries no meaningful concern to health as long as being asymptomatic and of no concern in fertility. So, what you experienced is what men are supposed to have. More? Ask doc for details timely. ...Read more
Various Reasons: This could be due to an electrolyte imbalance like low calcium or potassium. It could also be due to stress or anxiety. Could also be from caffeine, medication, exercise or lack of exercise. If its bothersome or persistent, a doctor can help evaluate from history and labwork exactly why this is happening in your muscles. ...Read more
This usually has to do with the onset of labor. It is a muscular tightening of the uterus. Contractions are timed from beginning to end of hardening of the uterus (duration) and from beginning of one contraction until the beginning of the next (frequency). A third descriptor is intensity or how hard ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Wavelike muscle contractions that get food through the digestive system
- Name the involuntary muscle movement that moves food through the digestive system
- What wavelike muscle contractions food through the digestive system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens to food that passes through the digestive system without being digested and absorbed?
- List of foods that are passed quickly through the digestive system
- How long does it take for food to pass through the digestive system?
- Flow of food through the digestive system
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free