Doctor insights on:
What are the success rates of invitro fertilization for a 42 year old exsmoker (7 pack year history, stopped 12 yr ago)?
Roughly 15-25%: Your age is important; smoking in the past can also reduce your ovarian reserve (egg numbers and quality). The best tests of ovarian reserve are a Clomid challenge test, amh or antimullerian hormone blood test, and an ultrasound of your ovaries looking at size (volume) and antral follicle counts. None of these tests are perfect, but can give us a fair idea about your individual chances of success. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have had tv u/s after IVF pregnancy at 6 w 5 days (h/r 110), 7 w 4 days (h/r 130) and 8 w 4 days (h/r 140). The h/r seem slow. Is this a concern?
Do you mean...: ...Tests preparing for ivf, or once you are pregnant? Minimal preliminary tests include blood, evaluation of uterus and ovaries, uterine cavity, and usually a mock transfer - in specific cases more testing may be done. After conception earlier monitoring with blood and ultrasound is common to determine fetal number and confirm location. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Mostly like natural: I'm not certain i understand what you're asking, but pregnancy symptoms are related to the pregnancy not how you got that way. In other words, if you account for possible multiples, and for the fact that ovaries are stimulated in ivf, the symptoms are the same as in a natural pregnancy. ...Read more
Alot like natural: With a singleton ivf pregnancy the do's/dont's are pretty much the same as with a natural pregnancy; if you are on Progesterone supplementation you must of course continue that. Beyond that, make sure you are following your doctor's instructions, call their office whenever you are not sure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does a woman feel when sperm is fertilizing the egg?
- During ovulation if your egg is fertilized does ovulation stop
- Approximate time span between fertilization and implantation of blastocyst
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take sperm to fertilize an egg?
- How long after fertilization does implantation take place?
- Explain the process of fertilization
- During the process of fertilization which step happens first
- Talk to a reproductive endocrinologist online for free