Doctor insights on:
Intrauterine Growth Restriction Chronic Hypertension
Lupus: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Chronic hypertension, or high blood pressure, is a condition where there is more pressure, or force, within the arteries, causing the heart to pump harder to deliver adequate blood throughout the body. One has chronic hypertension when his blood pressure is higher than 140/90 most or ...Read more
Baby measured 2 days smaller on anatomy scan @ 20 weeks. How can avoid intrauterine growth restriction? Diet is not too varied but i eat healthily.
Consult with OB-GYN: Not knowing more about you it's very important that you talk about this finding with your ob-gyn for the sake of your baby and your emotional state of mind. You only want the best for this baby and your want to do everything to insure a healthy child is born. ...Read more
BP readings: The testing for hypertension involves checking your blood pressure on three separate occassions at least one week apart. If you have an elevated top number called systolic >140 and/or the bottom number called the diastolic >90, then you likely have chronic hypertension and should consult your doctor for medical advice. ...Read more
Less risk: High BP(hypertension) is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease-stroke, heart attacks and disease, kidney impairment and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries with risk of blockages in other areas of body). If you have other risk factors a well (diabetes, smoking, high cholesterol, family history, age) risks of these complications can go up. Each risk factor adds more and more risk. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If I have chronic hypertension, should I double up on my meds to help reduce chances to prevent damage during the flight?
No contraindication: If your asthma cannot be controlled with daily inhaled corticosteroid inhaler (ics), combination medication, ics+laba, might be appropriate. Since you have a comorbidity, hypertension, along with your asthma you fit the nhbli asthma guidelines for seeing an asthma specialist for fuller evaluation and treatment considerations. ...Read more
Does chronic hypertension cause serious problems in older age like stroke etc. Even after taking medication? How to prevent it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does chronic hypertension cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does hypertension in previous pregnancies cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Intrauterine growth restriction gestational hypertension
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does placental infarction cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does connective tissue disorder cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does fibroids cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis in fetus cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free