Doctor insights on:
I have intertestial cystitis and am having these symptoms, fatigue lack of sleep throwing up loss of appetite diet is limited. Are vitamins needed?
Bacteria: Cystitis is a medical term for bladder/urinary tract inflamation. It is usually caused byan infection from e. Coli, a bacteria that we normally have in our GI tract. It is more common in women due to how close the urinary tract is to the anal area. E. Coli may be introduced to the urinary system by wiping towards the front after going to the bathroom or during sex. See your pcp. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
AwayWithYouStinkPee!: In rare instances, the body fights it off. Otherwise you need an antibiotic. You could try the Health Store methods, but good luck. OK,so, it can and probably will come back if the conditions that provoked it are not changed. Like tight nylon undies, sitting too long, wiping back to front, stress, sex, chemicals (soaps, cleansers, etc) excess dryness, structural changes, etc. Or something else.... ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Cystitis: If you have symptoms of burning, frequency and feeling like you need to pass urine all the time, you will likely need an antibiotic. Passing urine after sexual activity often helps prevent it. Drink plenty of fluids, cranberry juice or pills often help. All the best. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treatments for cystitis cystica
- Difference between cystitis and pyelonephritis
- Why would i be getting cystitis every time i am ovulating?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pathophysiology of cystitis
- How long does it typically take for interstitial cystitis to go away?
- Can interstitial cystitis occur from an ovarian cyst?
- Traumatic cystitis symptoms
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free