Doctor insights on:
Intermittent Eyelid Swelling
More info needed: Could be many things ... Environmental allergy, contact allergy, viral or bacterial infection, a chalazion (stye) would all be common causes of eyelid swelling. Your associated symptoms (itching? Watering? Red eye? Blepharitis?) can help narrow down the cause and suggest the best way to treat it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Swelling is the enlargement of organs, skin, or other body parts. It is caused by a buildup of fluid in the tissues. The extra fluid can lead to a rapid increase in weight over a short period of time (days to weeks). Swelling can occur all over the body (generalized) or only in one part ...Read more
Bulging?: If the eyelid/eye bulges with weightlifting, that could be an abnormality of the blood vessels called an orbital varix. Specifically, you will note the bulging happening when you are holding your breath and straining, such as with weight lifting. If this fits your symptoms, an exam, visual field and possible imaging to confirm the abnormality are in order. ...Read more
See a doctor: The are many causes of swelling. Your ophthalmologist can determine the cause and help you with this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have swelling in my bottom eyelid what is it
- Eyelid swelling
- Why is my face and one eyelid swelling during intense exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to reduce swelling after eyelid surgery?
- Intermittent ankle swelling
- Lower eyelid swelling treatment
- Intermittent lip swelling
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online