Doctor insights on:
Inserting Urinary Catheter
A catheter is a thin plastic tube that is inserted into the body to obtain fluids/blood or give medicine. So some catheters can be placed in the veins and medicine given directly into the body, IV fluids given or blood sampled. A catheter can be placed in the bladder ...Read more
Is it contraindicated to insert a urinary catheter into a patient who has a myocardial infarction?
No: Likely indicated since they will be in bed, and to monitor intake and output. ...Read more
What could happen if urinary catheter inflow and outflow tubes are switched around and incorrectly inserted?
This may happen...: I assumed you mean using a 3-way indwelling catheter. If so, connecting the inflowing irrigation fluid to the large pore will soon develop severe bladder distention and make the patient go through roof. Normally, the irrigating fluid is supposed to be connected to the smaller pore. Such professional oddity has rarely happened so it's worthwhile to pay attention to the details of the procedures. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Must i have a urinary catheter inserted for breast reduction surgery
- Inserting urinary catheter for female
- Urinary catheter inserted breast reduction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Urinary incontinence after catheter removal
- Can catheter of large size cause urinary incontinence?
- Triple lumen urinary catheter
- Urinary catheter used in gallbladder surgery
- Talk to a urologist online for free