Doctor insights on:
What to do if i peeled off my toenail a few days ago, and i think it's ingrown now. What should I do?
My toenail doesn't look ingrown yet but i can feel the pain and know its that. Before it gets really bad, what can I do?
See a podiatrist: After evaluation, you may have options: debridement, avulsion (temporary removal) or matrixectomy (permanent removal) of the nail. There are also some topical medications that can be applied to soften the nail to avoid the nail from becoming hard, "biting into the side" and creating pain from a callus that develop which is what causes the pain associated with ingrown toenails. ...Read more
I have a hard time cutting my toenails (their not ingrown no history of diabetes) it hurts when I'm cutting them and the day after I'm limping as well ?
I learned that new big toenails usually end up being ingrown is there any way to prevent this while i still have time?
Be patient: Nail grows approximately 1mm per month. The is a chance it won't grow back but I don't believe there is anything you can do to change that. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Dark line across toenail
- Removal of a blood clot below the fingernail or toenail
- Why is my toenail grey?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if my toenail fell off due to a fungal nail infection?
- Black line on toenail causes
- How can you get rid of thickened skin underneath a toenail?
- What is casing my toenail to crack horizontally?
- Talk to a dermatologist online