Doctor insights on:
No: Benzene is a very toxic organic (carbon-based) chemical. Structure here: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/benzene Epinephrine is another name for adrenaline which acts as a hormone and a neurotransmitter in humans and other mammals. Structure here: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/epinephrine Epinephrine includes a "benzene" ring, but the attached groups give it its unique behavior. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: A very small amount accidentally ingested should not be a problem. For ingestion of more then a very tiny amount you should get to a doctor or emergency room asap. No one should ever ingest pine tar intentionally. ...Read more
Help please! is epipen (epinephrine) jr auto injectors used for all allergic reactions or just emergency reactions?
Limited use: The value of an Epipen (epinephrine) is its ability to help block a tragic evolving allergic reaction and provide time for a person to reach urgent followup care.It's effect is relatively short (hour or so).If you simply break out in hives as a food reaction, it could help some, but since the food will be processed in your body for days, a longer agent like Diphenhydramine or citirazine would be more benificial. ...Read more
You can, but: Studies in frequent recreational ketamine users have shown impairments in working memory, episodic memory and aspects of executive function, plus less psychological well-being. http://tinyurl.com/mncuoqr delusional and dissociative symptoms were also found -- lower dose may avoid these issues. There is a compounded form of oral ketamine used in hospice patients: http://tinyurl.Com/luukzxd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
C priors...: When used properly, like when have an anaphylaxis (acute allergy reaction) to something very allergic to (bee sting, peanuts, shellfish..), it will reverse the potentially fatal effects of the reaction --severe bronchospasm of lung causes tight breathing, swelling of the throat (preventing air from getting into lungs), ...Then it should not have any side effects. Perhaps some sense of palpitation.. ...Read more
If you have had: Significant allergic reactions - then an Epipen (epinephrine) can be life saving. Have you been medically workep up for this? Was the epi-pen prescribed for you? Is the Epipen (epinephrine) within date (not expired)? Do you know how to use an epipen (epinephrine)? In the middle of an anaphlactic reaction is not the time to try to figure it out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Could ingesting small amount of paint thinner be deadly or poisonous? What immediate actions should one take?
Possible ER: Even small amounts of paint thinners (hydrocarbons) can cause significant problems most commonly lung problems. Symptoms of pneumonia can occur 4 to 6 hours after ingestion. It is not recommending to induce vomiting as that increases the risk of lung problems. I do not know what a small quantity truly means. If it was essentially a drop or two you are probably safe. If it was more seek ER advice ...Read more
Probably not in U.S.: Most pen ink in the U.S. Is called non-toxic, because it is well known that kids put pens in their mouths. However, to be safe, one should buy pens marked non-toxic, or check the manufacturer's website. Better yet, don't put things into the mouth (except food/drink). ...Read more
Why are you asking?: refrain from overdosing to yourself or any body else ...Read more