Doctor insights on:
Inflammation Of The Membranes Around The Brain And Spinal Cord
Which malfunction is caused by the inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord?
Inflammation is the body's attempt at self-protection; the aim being to remove harmful stimuli, including damaged cells, irritants, or pathogens - and begin the healing process. Inflammation is part of the complex biological response of vascular tissues to harmful stimuli, such as pathogens, ...Read more
I've heard that the brain, spinal cord and other central nervous system tissue is where mad cow disease is found. Would steak be ok to eat?
Menigeal: Carcinomatosis (if a cancer) or lymphomtous or leukemic menigitis. The former carries a poor prognosis. It is addressed in children with cranio-spinal irradiation and intr-thecal chemotherapy. In adults with solid tumors, it is a mark of quite advanced disease, causes cranial neuropathy, and weakness. Rarely only site of disease. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Inflammation : Definition of inflammation of the spinal cord could be a very long list of causes. But in short inflammation is some sort of irritation to the cord that can be caused by infection, injection of foreign materials or even bleeding into the area around the cord. It is a very general terminology and in a diagnostic workup would have to be more focused on what might the causes of the inflammation. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
My daughter has been diagnosed with inflammation of the brain membrane through a CT scan but the lumbar puncture came back clear. What could cause thi?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Inflammation of the membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord
- Inflammation of the meninges brain and spinal cord
- Anatomy and physiology of the brain and spinal cord
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Inflammation of the nerves and spinal cord
- Inflammation of the meninges and the brain is known as
- Inflammation of the spinal cord
- Inflammation of the spinal cord is called
- Talk to a neurologist online