Doctor insights on:
Inflamed Thyroid And Antibiotic
Thyroid removed 4 days ago, calcium, antibiotic, etc prescribed for 2 weeks, do I have to continue taking my eltroxin 50 (old dose) before new analysis?
Thyroidectomy: When you have thyroid surgery, you remove the gland that makes thyroid hormone. Eltroxin is thyroid hormone replacement. Usually, if you were on this before surgery, you will need to continue. If your entire gland is gone, you may need more than you were taking. If only part of you gland was removed, you might not need any changes. You should check with your surgeon to make sure. ...Read more
I have an underactive thyroid. On 25mg levothy. 6mths ago i had severe tonsilitos & took high level of antibiotic.Now little over act.Is this y ?
I had a total thyroidectomy and after 10yrs my thyroid antibioties came back elevated. My tg was unmeasurable. Is this something I should be concerned?
Probably not: Did you have thyroid cancer or just a goiter 10 years ago? If no cancer, then there is nothing to worry about. You probably had positive antibodies 10 years ago as well. If you did have thyroid cancer 10 years ago and the antibodies were negative and now positive, then it's time for an evaluation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I suggest: You rethink and meet with a live doctor to help you sort this out, you are 99.99% mistaken. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Antibiotic treatment for inflamed ovaries and ovarian cysts
- Antibiotics and trying to conceive
- Can thyroid nodules cause pain in your throat and ears?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low thyroid causes cold hands and warm face
- Can thyroid problems cause dizziness and lightheaded feelings?
- What are normal thyroid ts3 and ts4 levels?
- Is it normal to have a fever and chills after starting antibiotics for a uti?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online