Doctor insights on:
Inflamed Colon Causes
I have had right side pain for about 4 days now, I had CT shows inflamed colon can the inflamed colon cause right side pain? doesnt hurt to touch/move
Has left-sided uc and minor hemorrhoid. Is there a way to know if the bleeding is caused by inflamed colon or hemorrhoid?
Depends on why...: Many diseases, some serious, some self-limiting, can cause an inflamed colon (colitis). Some like infections, diverticulitis, ischemia are reversible/treatable and the colon will heal, leaving no trace. Others can wax and wane, leaving scarring and may eventually require surgery sometimes. ...Read more
Colitis...: Inflammation and red patches (erythema) are hallmarks of colitis. The causes of colitis are many and include infection, ibd (inflammatory bowel disease), circulatory problems and drugs. Sometimes even the laxative bowel prep for colonoscopy can induce these changes. Biopsy of the lining of the colon during colonoscopy can often determine the cause and dictate proper treatment. ...Read more
See below: There is more than one type of inflammatory bowel disease and they have variable symptoms. The common issues are abdominal pain, diarrhea that may be bloody, weakness, fever, and some times holes through the bowel. See this site for more info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/inflammatory-bowel-disease/ds01195. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does colon cancer cause elevated white blood cells?
- What causes an inflamed cervix?
- What causes loopy colons?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do colon polyps cause constipation?
- Do polyps in the colon cause diarrhea and cramping?
- Does colon cancer cause your back to hurt?
- Can colon cleanse cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online