Doctor insights on:
Can a pinched tibial nerve in the lower extremity cause a swollen/inflamed Achilles and paratendon? Rupture ruled out by doctor.
It could cause: You to walk funny and hence injure it. I wouldn't worry so much what caused what as opposed to just fixing what is wrong. ...Read more
Yes, sometimes: You may get some relief of pain and inflammation from otc nsaids. Topical nsaids may also help. I would suggest resting the area, use ice, lift the heel with a heel lift, and avoid exercises that may stress the achilles. A physician or physical therapist may be able to tape the foot in plantarflexion for immediate relief of pain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A significant injury: If this was a complete rupture it would require surgery to reattach it. A cast is usually applied above the knee for at least a few weeks. This is then followed up with a short leg cast for a few more weeks. Partial tears can be treated with casting alone. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
One can always: Perform upper body excercises while allowing the achilles to rest. Or, some advocate eccentric excercises on the achilles itself as a treatment. If something hurts when exercising, then likely that excercises should not be performed. So during eccentric excercises if the achilles is hurting avoid that excercise. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Treatment for inflamed achilles tendon
- Do any stds have inflamed bleeding gums as a symptom or is this from oral sex?
- Inflamed xiphoid process
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can achilles tendonitis cause knee pain?
- Causes of inflamed cervix
- Achilles tendon lengthening surgery recovery
- What causes an inflamed cervix?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free