Doctor insights on:
Infections That Are Bad For Having Piercings
New Tragus piercing is oozing white stuff. Possible infection? I herd removing piercing is bad because it can seal infection in 2 your body. True?
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Piercing with Pus: The skin may be pink or red, warm & swollen. It may be tender to touch and may contain pus. Red streaking, fever or swollen lymph nodes means that things are really out of control. If you believe that you have an infected piercing please seek prompt medical treatment. ...Read more
Hygiene: Remove the piercing. Clean the site. Leave the piercing out. Clean / disinfect both the site and the piercing before reinserting it. Make sure the infection is resolved before reinserting the piercing. If necessary - see a dermatologist. ...Read more
Had this piercing for months and still using the starter earrings. But start hurting been taking it out to clean it with alcohol swabs I tot infection?
Piercing Problems: Signs of infection may include redness, swelling, tenderness, pus or warmth. What are your earrings made of? It is not uncommon for people to react to nickel/ stainless steel. Gold or titanium are often good choices to prevent reacting to the metal. Have this medically evaluated if you believe it is an infection. ...Read more
Antibiotics & check: If the tragus is red, swollen & tender from an infection, i would first start a topical antibiotic ointment to the area like bactroban. I would get this checked out by an ENT doctor who may be interested in prescribing oral antibiotics for this if needed. The most important thing is to see a doctor to start some form of antibiotics if needed. An ENT would be the best choice to treat this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Foods that are bad for arthritis
- What are some ways to avoid having a wet armpit so that i will not smell bad?
- Are there any types of face scars that dermabrasion is bad for?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are dairy products bad for sinus infections?
- My parents are worried about my health now that i have insulinoma why is it bad
- Is it normal for my baby to have bowel movements that are so watery?
- Foods that are bad for your liver
- Talk to a dermatologist online