Doctor insights on:
Infected Insect Bites Circular Rash At Site Of Tick Bite
Insect bites are from mosquitos, spiders, flies, ticks, and other species that use their mandibles (jaws) to attach to a person or other animal. They can then suck blood out of their "prey" and leave saliva proteins that cause itching and swelling. Other insect species, like bees, yellow jackets, wasps, hornets and fire ants actually inject venom into their prey and can not only cause localized pain and swelling, but severe, acute allergic reactions in ...Read more
Used bactroban (mupirocin) cream on infected insect bites, all healed but left with whiter skin where i used the cream because have tanned legs, will it even out?
Should resolve : While I am strongly opposed to tanning since it damages your skin, the white spots developed because of the problem you had on your skin beforehand. This is called post inflammatory hypopigmentation and will resolve with time if you wear sunscreen on your legs tell your legs are not so tan it will make the spots less noticeable till they resolve. ...Read more
Infected hand: Insect bite can be infected with routine skin bacteria however more exotic microrgansms are possible. Damage from the bug bite itself may be mistaken for an infection when in fact it is actually skin necrosis or an allergic reaction. Make sure it doesn resemble a recluse spider bite or something similar, get evaluated medically, your pcp or the er is a good starting point and/or see a hand surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of infected insect bites?
- Allergic reaction to insect bites circular rash at site of tick bite
- Circular rash at the site of a tick bite
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Home remedies for circular rash at the site of a tick bite
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of lyme advanced?
- Is circular rash at site of tick bite a symptom of lyme early?
- What is the best treatment for circular rash at the site of a tick bite?
- Talk to a dermatologist online