Doctor insights on:
Indoor Mold Allergy Symptoms
You mean allergies?: Nasocorticosteroid sprays/antihistamine nasal sprays can be an alternative or addition to oral antihistamines. Prescription sprays include: flonase, nasonex, (mometasone) Veramyst and many others for the corticosteroid sprays. Astelin, patanase for the antihistamine sprays. Both need prescriptions. You can also do well with nondrowsy claritin/allegra or mildly sedating zyrtec otc. Read more
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
No: There' absolutely no evidence that mold allergies, or any other allergy, would cause tourette's. Certainly you may have pulmonary complications from a mold allergy. The belief that an allergic reaction is the cause of development, psychological, or mental health problems is unfounded. This reeks of the belief that an MMR vaccine caused inflammation in the GI tract and lead to autism. Not true! Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
After indoor m mold exposure for a week, how long will it take for me to recover from mold allergy in my case?
Symptoms or sensitiv: Once you have become sensitized allergically, you will like remain so for a long time although the degree of the sensitivity may decline with time. On the other hand, your allergy symptoms should subside within days or at most weeks after cessation of exposure which may not be totally possible since the same mold spores, although in much smaller quantities, are usually found in the air. Read more
Is it possible for 5 out of 6 members in the home to develop allergies and asthma symptoms or could it indicate a mold problem?
Can allergies to molds pollens dust etc include symptoms of lightheaded, feeling a little spacey etc?
I found mold growing in my CPAP hose, and my filter was literally covered in a black powdery mold. Having allergy/cold symptoms. See a DR?
Allergy to mold: It is good that you have found the source of the mold, the next step would be making the cleaning a routine. If your allergic symptoms subside after a thorough cleaning (Clorox?), then no further evaluation needed. If the problem persists, then consult an allergist to find out if you have become allergic to the mold. Read more
1yr+ shadows on wall behind dryer are actually black mold; intake ambient air = sporesin clothes. Allergy. Symptoms 3+mo. Cleaned safely. What are my risks?
Low risk: Black mold is problematic for people with definitive allergies to the mold but, if you're not allergic to the mold just being in the same room with the mold without disturbing the mold should not pose a health risk. There's a lot of hysteria about "black mold" perpetuated by companies that charge exorbitant prices to eradicate it...it's not a big health risk. Read more
Yes: Even though onions are grown in the ground, eating them should not be a problem even if you are allergic to mold. But, one can be allergic to onions themselves so you may need to be further evaluated if you are having allergic symptoms when eating them. Read more
Possibly: Mold allergy is from allergy to the mold spores in the air and not to the mold itself. There are some foods that may have mold or are made with mold. Cheese, mushrooms, vinegar, sour cream, sour milk, buttermilk, beer and wine may all have different types of mold. Http://www. Livestrong. Com/article/542511-safe-foods-to-eat-with-a-mold-allergy/ Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
One day to years: If the mold exposure is avoided, symptoms may resolve in a few hours without treatment. If there has been significant, prolonged exposure, it may take weeks or months to resolve without treatment. If the mold exposure cannot be avoided, the symptoms will last indefinitely. Read more
Allergies still raging 1 wk after exceedingly careful mold remediation in laundry room. Dehumidifier working. How can I tell if environment is safe?
Be systematic: It would be important to: first be certain your symptoms are actually due to allergies and next, attempt to definitively define the sources of your allergies. Then addressing with avoidance and/or medication could be more effectively implemented. There are other treatment options as well. The safety of your environment may then be evaluated. Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See Allergist: Molds are year-round allergens and weeds are limited to fall season. The first step to getting you feeling better is to see an Allergist for appropriate skin or blood testing. Once they determine what you are allergic to, appropriate avoidance measures and medications like nasal sprays can be prescribed. Allergy shots or immunotherapy is also an option. Read more
Sense of smell: Only if it also produces allergic symptoms. Hyperosmia is not usually an allergic problem by itself. Read more
Avoidance.: Closing the windows of your home, using air conditioning with good quality air filters may be helpful for indoor symptoms. Wearing a facemask and eye protection may help with exposure to molds from outdoor activities but this is not always practical. Assigning another person to clean-up tasks may be needed if oral antihistamines, intranasal or eye medications fail to control symptoms. Read more
If ur poor, ur child gets diagnosed with horse & mold allergy & ur 200y.O. House is filled with horsehair plaster, some mold, what can u do?
Try allergy meds: Obviously, it is not possible to rid your house of all of its plaster. I would, however, do your best to remediate the mold situation as best as you can. If the mold is accessible, with proper protection, you can scrape and bleach the moldy areas to kill the mold. If your child is having daily allergy symptoms then you could try one of the otc allergy meds such as zyrtec, allegra, or claritin (loratadine). Read more
I have a mold allergy, how dangerous is it for me to clean the mold in my bathroom? Can you give me instructions on how I can safely remove the mold?
Not a good idea: Cleaning the molds out yourself may trigger a severe allergic response if you are allergic to the even with a mask. The most important step is stopping the source of moisture. For area under a square foot, Clorox may do the job but not adequate for particle board or dry wall already damaged. If this is from lack of ventilation, use a ceiling fan and/or open window in the bathroom Read more
Runny Nose, Made Worse By Exposure To Allergen Or Irritants (Definition)
Runny nose, made worse by exposure to allergen or irritants ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- What are the symptoms of mold allergies?
- Allergies to mold symptoms
- Mold allergy symptoms headache
- Mold or cedar allergy symptoms
- Mold spore allergy symptoms
- Snow mold allergy symptoms
- Black mold allergy symptoms
- Leaf mold allergy symptoms
- Allergy symptoms mold mildew