Doctor insights on:
In What Ways Does Iodine Help Control Blood Pressure
Needed for thyroid: Iodine is needed for the thyroid gland in the neck to produce a normal amount of thyroid hormone. Lack of iodine causes low (hypo) thyroid hormone, which lowers the heart rate and leads to abnormal blood pressures (bp can be higher or lower than normal). On the other hand, too much thyroid hormone leads to higher heart rates and higher blood pressures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Blood pressure is a measurement of the force placed on the blood vessels and is comprised of the "systolic" pressure (the top number on a blood pressure meter) which is the peak pressure when the heart is pumping, and the "diastolic" pressure (the bottom number on a blood pressure meter) which is the pressure during the resting phase ...Read more
I take losartan 50mg 1/day to help control my blood pressure. Is there a concern with taking l-arginine 1000mg/day as a weight training supp?
Lots of choices.: There are many different types of medications to control blood pressure. Diuretics decrease sodium and fluid retention. Beta blockers decrease the force of heart contractions. Vasodilators relax blood vessel tension. Ace inhibitors block chemicals that raise bp. Alpha blockers adjust blood vessel tone. Many patients need more than one drug to achieve ideal control. Combination pills are available. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lots of ways!: If you're blood pressure is high, there are several things that may help, besides medications. Weight loss for people overweight or obese is probably the most effective. Regular cardiovascular activity (150min+ / week), if okay'd by your doctor, is also great. Alcohol cessation or moderation is important, as is salt restriction. Following a dash diet is another way to control BP through diet! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it mean to have low blood pressure in pregnancy?
- Does your thyroid help control blood pressure?
- Does cinnamon help in reducing blood pressure blood sugar levels?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does red and white blood cells in urine mean?
- What does non hemolyzed trace blood in urine mean?
- What does a low diastolic blood pressure mean?
- What does blood in your discharge mean?
- Talk to a cardiologist online