Doctor insights on:
In What Way Does Ethylene Glycol Cause Hemolysis
Least of troubles: Ethylene glycol causes death by acidfying the body and producing crystals in the brain and kidney; there are problem direct toxic effects on some of the metabolic pathways as well. Hemolysis, if it occurs, is the least of these patients' problems. This question appears elsewhere and i wonder if some misguided teacher is asking it. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, if early: Ethylene glycol is broken down by alcohol dehydrogenase into toxic metabolites. Once that happens, alcohol won't work. The idea is that the alcohol will take up all the available alcohol dehydrogenase available and stop it from metabolizing the ethylene glycol into it's more toxic metabolites. ...Read more
Dangerous!: Ethylene glycol is an extremely dangerous poison which can cause death and permanent brain and other organ damage when taken even in small quantities; people who have swallowed this substance often need to be in an intensive care unit. Depending on the timing and the person's condition, he may need his stomach pumped, charcoal to neutralyze the substance, dialysis, and other treatments ...Read more
Will smoking e-vapor cigarettes with proplyene glycol cause a false positive for THC on a drug test?
Urine screen: Not likely.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does ethylene glycol cause hemolysis?
- What causes tingling after you lay in the tanning bed does uv light cause that?
- In what way does antiviral medication lead to bacterial infections
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does anger cause throat vessels to pop in any way?
- Does the heart never go to anaerobic metabolism what causes the pain in angina?
- In what way does bacterial pneumonia spread
- What problems does a hole in the heart cause?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free