Doctor insights on:
In What Time Of The Year Am I More Likely To Contract West Nile Virus
West Nile Virus: Virus activity correlates with mosquito activity: is highest from july to october, and in warmer climates such as the southern us, virus activity is high year-round. Age and immune status do not seem to affect susceptibility to infection. However, older or immunocompromised individuals are at higher risk of neuroinvasive disease.  there is no clear evidence of a predilection for either sex. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Anywhere: Wnv has caused human infection in africa, europe, the middle east, west and central asia, oceania, and most recently, north america.   it first appeared in the western hemisphere as an outbreak of encephalitis in new york city in 1999. Between 1999 and 2004, the disease spread across the us, into canada, and to the caribbean islands and latin america. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Muscle weakness is usually seen proportional to the coalescence of the illness. Your recovery with take twice as long as the illness, unless there was neurological injury of a permanent type, which may take longer. A rehabilitation physician can help you with recovery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
< 1 in 150: Nobody really knows now common the infection is. But the cdc estimates that about 1 person in 150 who gets the virus will get bad encephalitis, more likely if you're over 50 or immunocompromised, less if you're not. There is not always evident permanent damage even after severe encephalitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: There is often a encephalitis or meningitis component to this disease. However, in the vast majority of people with disease, there is no neurological symptoms. If you are immunocompromised (very young, very old, have hiv, etc) then you may be more susceptible. If you have fever, headaches, fatigue, malaise, nausea, vomiting, you may be showing central nervous system signs and symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When is the best time of month to determine if i am in perimenopause
- What should i do to prepare myself if i am running track this year for the first time?
- I am very out of shape what is the safest way to start getting in shape
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean if i am cramping in the second month of my pregnancy?
- I am having a lot of pain in my face what can i do to relieve this pain
- What is the earliest time to know if i am having twins?
- What can i do to keep more time having sex if i come in least one minute?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free